Hansen-Onion-Martell offers client families unequaled funeral accommodations from its landmark facility on Marinette Avenue. The funeral home has occupied the former Francis A. Brown residence, a prime example of late Victorian architecture, since 1935. In 1994 a spacious addition was completed; providing the public with a large chapel facility and lobby, family lounge, handicapped accessible restrooms and new barrier free entrances incorporating an elevator. As is evident from the exterior finishing, the addition maintains all of the period design elements of the original building. The same attention to detail is carried out in the interior through the use of large-scale oak woodwork and reproduction wallpapers that mirror the style of the original residence.
In most circumstances, families may choose between use of the large chapel facility or the more intimate setting of the smaller rooms found in the Brown residence. Using a hidden partition, the large chapel may also be divided to serve the choice of a family or to accommodate multiple visitations on the same evening. A mechanical action pipe organ stands in the chapel addition and may be used for services held in that portion of the building. Throughout the funeral home, appropriate furnishings and a large collection of artwork, many by local artists, complete the décor. Inquiries of all kinds, whether only to view the facility, are welcomed and encouraged.